Established in 1994 the Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) has set itself apart in the banking industry. HDFC Bank is ambitious in their business model and strives to become a world-class bank in India. HDFC is committed to a high degree of ethical standards, integrity and regulatory compliance. It lists among its core values: operational excellence, customer focus, product leadership and people. Among the multitude of services that HDFC Bank offers are credit cards.
HDFC Bank offers credit cards to fit any family or individual. Among those are travel credit cards, premium credit cards, the Titanium card, gold credit cards and commercial credit cards. Applications for any of the credit card products offered by HDFC bank can be made online or in person. If the application is made online, a decision is rendered quickly. Standard information is asked and submitted.
HDFC Card Member Benefits
Once your application has been approved HDFC cardholders are offered unique online deals and offers. You can take a 10% discount on products offered at shoppersstop.com, as well as great discounts on other products. Typically you will be offered a deal of the day. There are also a number of credit card privileges and coupons available for card holders, you can find them here: http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/Cards/Credit_Cards/Offers/VisaPrivileges_Offers.htm. Smart Buy is a proprietary division of a HDFC bank. SmartBuy is a unique section on the HDFC Bank website for online visitors to find exclusive offline offers and online deals, offered by the HDFC Bank and its merchants.
Cardholders can take advantage of the benefits, discounts and offers on various products using their HDFC Bank Credit / Debit cards or DirectPay / NetBanking facility.
HDFC Credit Card Payment
Making a HDFC credit card payment can be accomplished in a number of ways. You can pay through,
- ATMs – Simply walk up to any HDFC ATM in India at any time and transfer the bill amount from either your savings or checking account into your credit card account.
- NetBanking – Registering through HDFCs bank net banking facility will allow you to pay your credit card bills online and transfer the funds from your savings account or checking account. Even though you do not have HDFC bank accounts, making credit card payment online is also available.
- Money transfers – Transfers can be accomplished from any other debit card within India through HDFCs net banking facility
- Over-the-counter – You can walk into any HDFC branch and pay by cash.
- Drop box options – HDFC makes available a drop box where you can drop a local check payable to HDFC bank with your 16 digit account number in place. This assures your payment can be made on time and had various branches throughout India.
The HDFC website is easy to navigate and we found the experience quite satisfying. Online customer service is always available 24 hours per day. You can contact customer service online, via e-mail, you can phone in and talk to a customer service specialist, or simply write to HDFC at this address,
Manager, HDFC Bank Cards Division,
PO BOX # 8654
Chennai – 600 041
Located within the customer service portal is a number of tools and utilities we found to be very useful. There are a number of calculators designed for investment and insurance, as well as calculators for interest rates on loans and mortgages. In the end, we think you will find dealing with HDFC Bank to be quite enjoyable. As their core values state, there is a focus on people. People are customers and HDFC bank does its best to look after their customers. Don’t hesitate to apply for an HDFC Bank credit card.